Educational Director (092 Certificate required) Special Ed.
Posted: March 19, 2014
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
EDUCATION DIRECTOR, PINNACLE SCHOOL, 092 required
Our small, private special - needs school in Stamford CT has a newly-created opportunity for a Director of Education. In this hands-on position, you will work with our leaders, teachers and clinicians to help us to achieve our goal of maximizing the potential of each of our students and support the state accreditation process.
• In tandem with Head of School, support the accreditation process and help to ensure that our curricula are robust and appropriate for each student.
• Oversee curricula development and implementation on an ongoing basis.
• Manage teaching staff, providing guidance and support to ensure that they are prepared and equipped to meet the unique needs of each student.
• Interface and collaborate with school districts and other agencies regarding students who are enrolled/being considered for enrollment.
• Oversee compliance with federal and state special education laws and legislation.
• Work in close collaboration with special education teachers, paraprofessionals and clinicians to ensure that our students’ abilities are recognized and maximized.
• In tandem with Head of School, direct day-to-day school activities; work with parents to resolve concerns and issues that arise.
• Special education certification in Connecticut (or a certification that can be transferred to CT) + 5 years of relevant experience.
• Administrative certification (092), along with experience working in a special education setting (elementary through high school population).
• Exemplary communication and collaboration skills are essential, as is a positive outlook and a sense of humor.
• Experience with ABA models is greatly preferred.
Please reply with resume to [email protected]